Error while running hive query in hue 4.6 hive editor

Hi ,

I am getting below error while running query in hive editor.

Error while compiling statement: FAILED: RuntimeException Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient

Kindly advice.
@Romain

Thanks.

@Kush can you share some insight into how you have hive configured?

I have working hive configuration in the following file:

@steven-dfheinz ,

The only difference between your configuration and mine is
use_sasl=true
which is commented out in my hue.ini.

Sounds like this error is about a Hive setup issue, not related to Hue.

Yes. this seems to be user specific. My team mates are able to access hive without issues. its just my id facing this error.

Hi. Yes, we have exactly the same problem. We must restart the HiveServer2 service (on the server which is written in the hue configuration file) to solve the problem temporarily.
But after some time another user gets this kind of problem while others are doing fine.

@arturbrandysonwelo,

I recommended you to ask the user to “recreate session” on Hive editor of the Hue console and the user will be able to run queries successfully. This might be a kerberized environment, recreating the session would help to the get/renew a kerberos ticket.

My users were able to fix the error by recreating the session. Below screenshot should help you how user can recreate the session.

1 Like

Thank you very much @kush for the solution, we will test it and I will let you know if it works in our environment.

Yes, this solution is working. Thank you very much for your help :smiley: :clap:

1 Like