Presto Integration with Hue

I am deploying Hue-4.4.
I wanted to know that, if currently Hue supports connector to presto ?

There are some connectors https://docs.gethue.com/latest/administrator/configuration/editor/#presto

Hi Romain,

Thanks for the link.

As per the link. I can see that presto connector is available.
When I tried to add the configuration in hue.ini and re run HUE.
On clicking the Editor -> Presto button I am getting the following error.

An error occurred while calling z:java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection. : java.sql.SQLException: Authentication using username/password requires SSL to be enabled at com.facebook.presto.jdbc.PrestoDriverUri.setupClient(PrestoDriverUri.java:160) at com.facebook.presto.jdbc.PrestoDriver.connect(PrestoDriver.java:90) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:247) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) …l.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at py4j.reflection.MethodInvoker.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:231) at py4j.reflection.ReflectionEngine.invoke(ReflectionEngine.java:381) at py4j.Gateway.invoke(Gateway.java:259) at py4j.commands.AbstractCommand.invokeMethod(AbstractCommand.java:133) at py4j.commands.CallCommand.execute(CallCommand.java:79) at py4j.GatewayConnection.run(GatewayConnection.java:209) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

It is asking for SSL to be enabled. But I don’t want to user SSL.
Is there a way to integrate presto in Hue with SSL being disabled?

Thanks Again.

Could you use the SqlAlchemy interface and not JDBC?

This is the most used one:

The dialect should be added to the Python system or Hue Python virtual environment:

./build/env/bin/pip install pyhive

Then give Hue the information about the database source:

[[[presto]]]
   name = Presto
   interface=sqlalchemy
   options='{"url": "presto://localhost:8080/hive/default"}'